The South Tower

The South Tower, which is also called the parish tower, links the castle with the town through an entrance staircase. The single-room block construction originated in the second half of the 14th century and until the 15th century it was the seat of the parish office. After 1780, a roofed staircase was built to it and some of its floors were also adjusted to enable access. Bells were placed on the floor by the end of the 19th century. The South Tower currently serves as the entrance to the castle for the public and it holds the ticket box.