The Small Tower

(so called Türl or Clock Tower)
Malá veža

Its core is related to the original fortification. In the 14th century, it reached up to the current third floor. It has vaults dating from the 16th century on the ground floor. Towards the end of the 17th century, another floor was added for bells and it contained the Urban, the largest Renaissance bell, from 1588 with a diameter of 1.66 meters. In the 18th century, a clock was installed on the second floor which was in the following century moved to the church tower. The Small Tower houses an exposition of Kremnica bells and bell makers complemented with audio recordings of the current local bells. It presents the history of local bell making workshops for visitors and is completed with original, as well as copies of Kremnica bells.