The North Tower

Severná veža

The entrance to the castle was protected from the north by the North Tower. It dates back to the second half of the 14th century and it is block shaped with three floors and a passage on the ground floor. Originally it was one floor lower. The last floor was additionally built following the 1560 fire. Renaissance arches of the passageway and of the first floor also originated during this reconstruction. The tower has gun holes on the outside walls, as well as a stone pitch nose protecting the entrance drawbridge. It was replaced by the current solid stone one at the end of the 19th century. An exhibition is displayed on the first two floors of the North Tower based on the archaeological research of the Town Castle in Kremnica and an exhibition of the Town Fortification is situated in the attic.